Phing is a PHP tool that allows you to build projects. Phing stands for PHing Is Not Gnu make, which is kind of a common coder's joke. It is basically a tool that will take a set of files in multiple directories and create either a zip file or a numerous other things that you might want to do with a project.
Phing itself is a PHP program, so all that is needed to run it is a working copy of PHP. Also, because Phing is part of PEAR it is easy to install, and you don't need to install Apache to run it.
Over the next few posts I will be talking about the sort of things you can do with Phing, how to install it, how to create zip files and how to use variables to simplify things. I will add a list here for each of the posts.
- Getting And Installing Phing
- Introduction To The Phing build.xml File
- Copying Files Using Phing
- Using Patternset With Fileset In Phing
- Using Custom Properties In Phing
- Built In Properties In Phing
- FilterChain Element In Phing
- Deleting Directories With Phing
- Create A File Or Directory With Phing
- Create Compressed Files With Phing
- Integrating Phing With PHPUnit
- Using Different Loggers In Phing
- Using Phing To Deploy To FTP
- Deploy PHP Project From SVN Using Phing