I recently built a Drupal site on an Apache server sertup and everything seemed fine until someone running IE8 tried to download a .docx file. For some reason IE8 insisted that this file was a .zip file and would open it as such, causing a bit of confusion as to what the problem was. I assumed that this was due to the mime type of the file not being set properly, but I decided to do a quick search to see if I could find anything to corroborate this. I thought it might be something odd that IE8 was doing as everything else was downloading the file perfectly.
Use the following rules in your Apache configuration (or your .htaccess file) to redirect all traffic from one domain to another. This also keeps the query string in place so that the user isn't just dumped to the homepage.
I was recently setting up a localhost environment with Ubuntu 11 and after adding all of my needed VirtualVost directives I found that I could start/restart the server but that I found the following error when trying to start the server.
Apache can be set up to log all sorts of information. As of Apache 2.2 the basic log file format that a fresh install of Apache will produce will have the following format:
%h %l %u %t "%r" %>s %b
Which doesn't mean a lot to the uninitiated, so here is a short explanation of each.
To redirect from HTTPS to HTTP on the home page only using the following rule.