I was recently working with a Drupal 9 site and found some strange behaviour when saving certain types of content. The page would appear to save, but much of the content appeared to be missing. It had even failed to generate the paths for the page based on the path auto rules.
When setting up staging sites or similar I often add a simple Apache authentication check in order to stop everyone from viewing the site. This is also useful in stopping search engine spiders from accessing a site with testing content on it, which generally causes trouble. It isn't amazingly secure, but it keeps almost everyone out.
I recently built a Drupal site on an Apache server setup and everything seemed fine until someone running IE8 tried to download a .docx file. For some reason IE8 insisted that this file was a .zip file and would open it as such, causing a bit of confusion as to what the problem was.
Use the following rules in your Apache configuration (or your .htaccess file) to redirect all traffic from one domain to another. This also keeps the query string in place so that the user isn't just dumped to the homepage.
I was recently setting up a localhost environment with Ubuntu 11 and after adding all of my needed VirtualVost directives I found that I could start/restart the server but that I found the following error when trying to start the server.